Monday, January 24, 2011

Name Poll

Jenna and I have been talking about boy names for the new baby and one name we both like by itself is Jack. The problem is that Jack rhymes with our last name, Lepak. I am cool with Jack Lepak, but Jenna is going back and forth on how it sounds. So, I have set up the handy blog poll to the right to get some outside opinions. Do you think Jack Lepak is ok or do you think the rhyming is a deal breaker? Please vote by the end of this week! Thanks.

7 comments:

  1. I have often thought about this conundrum... I think it won't really be a problem because people will rarely use his first and last name together. That is, most of the time people will simply say, "Hey Jack," or "Jack, fetch me a brewski." If the environment is formal enough to use his last name, you could control it and request that they say Jonathan. For example, "Ladies and Gents, please welcome our entertainment for the evening, Jonathan Lepak" or "starting at point guard, give it up for Jonathan... "Jack"... Leeeepppppaaaaakkkkk!!!"

    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Jack too! What does Will think? :)

    Love you guys!

    Tooter

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we were kids, Ben told me that he really wanted to have a son named Jack, but that he was worried about the rhyming issue. (He also thought about Jackson, but he knew that would probably turn into Jackson Lepakson.) His solution was to make me promise that if I had a son, I would name him Jack since I would have a different last name. I'm still willing to do that, if you guys want me to. :-) I agree with Ben that it would probably be okay if his formal name was something else, like James or Jonathan or something, so he could have the option to have a non-rhyming name when he's old enough to choose. Of course, we all know how nicknames tend to stick as we get older...
    Love,
    Sarah, aka Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo Ben's comments, but think that it should be John, not Jonathan. Jonathan makes me think of a certain horrible basketball player from Frisco who had a habit of shooting the ball while sitting on the court.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the brothers, you could do something longer "Jackson" and I do really like Jack as a name. Also does anybody every really say Lepak right so they probably won't even realize it rhymes :)-Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Jack too. You should go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the name Jack, but I fear a Julia Guglia moment.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete