Monday, January 31, 2011

Did Someone Call the Fire Department?

You may already know what this post is about by reading the title. Yes, our son called the fire department. No, he didn't dial 911 (although that has crossed my mind since he sometimes gets a hold of the phone and pushes buttons)--instead, as he and Billy were leaving the house on Saturday morning he reached out and pushed the fire alarm button on our security system. The alarm went off, but we entered the code right away and figured ADT would call us before contacting the fire department. Turns out they tried calling the house but were getting a busy signal due to the fact that the alarm system was resetting itself, so the fire department was contacted.

As Billy and Will were pulling out of our neighborhood, Billy saw a fire truck, lights and sirens ablazing, pulling into our neighborhood. Yep, they were headed to our house. I felt so bad. I apologized profusely, and they were really nice about it. They actually said they were already out and about which is why they got to our house so quickly.

Lesson learned--no pausing on our way out the back door...Mr. Curious might summon emergency personnel.

1 comment:

  1. That is a good one! I laughed sooo much. The guys at my house looked at me as if I lost my mind. You need to write that one down in his baby book. Thanks for sharing that moment with us. Love, Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete