Wednesday, January 5, 2011

15 Month Checkup

Yesterday Will had his 15 month checkup. He now weighs 25 pounds 6 ounces (60th percentile) and is 33 inches long (93rd percentile). His head circumference is 18 3/4 inches (60th percentile). He handled his three vaccines like a champ, but I sure do hate holding him down for that while he cries. Thankfully Billy was with us because Will is becoming more of a daddy's boy with each passing day!

We were also happy to discover that Will's two top first molars have broken the surface. Although Billy brushes Will's teeth every day (twice a day starting today per doctor's orders), we haven't been checking for new teeth all that much lately because Will highly protests it. Also, since he only has two teeth on bottom, we figured bottom teeth would come next so we haven't been checking the top much.

On the topic of Will's speech, Dr. Moore helped me feel much better. While some kids are using 6-10 words at this point, he reassured me not to worry and to keep doing what we are doing and that the words will come. I learned my lesson with walking--I couldn't wait for Will to walk and now I can't get him to slow down! Soon enough I'm not going to be able to keep him quiet! ;-)

Here are a few pictures of Will's attempts at eating with a spoon (and later ditching the spoon for his more efficient fingers). Notice the untouched pile of peas and carrots! ;-)









1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE his bib!!! Too cute. I totally agree with you on the walking and talking stuff. Those first tottering steps were so cute, but now I find myself chasing behind her running steps for most of the day:) I bet Will and Molly would be a great team (a little wild and crazy perhaps, but they'd have a great time).

    ReplyDelete