First, the good news--Laney is back on the mend. I'll rewind a little bit back to Wednesday afternoon. Will and I had left the house for a few hours and returned home to find Laney in her bed (crate) where she had vomited a couple times. That continued throughout the afternoon--yes, I ended up cleaning up vomit most of the day and yes, Will ended up watching way too much t.v., but how else does one scrub floors without a little helper getting into the mess.
So, we ended up at the vet for a couple hours. After xrays and bloodwork, we were sent to a different 24 hour vet hospital so that Laney could stay overnight to receive antibiotics and fluids via IV. We were able to pick her up yesterday afternoon, and we are now armed with 5 different medications and special canned food (not to mention fairly large vet bills). Thankfully she started eating and drinking today, so looks like we shouldn't have to take her back in.
The Lepak house is ready for the weekend--I've been really bad about taking pictures lately, so I'll try to do better this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Oh no your poor pup! I'm glad she is doing better!!
ReplyDeleteGet Well Laney - the title scared me - i thought you were sick!!!! jz
ReplyDeleteOh know, I didn't think about that, especially considering I had kidney stones when preggers with Will--sorry!
ReplyDelete