Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Fall Y'all

Today marks the beginning of fall, maybe my favorite season. Will is in the spirit too. Between throwing pumpkins and knocking down scarecrows, he is really enjoying our fall decor...what a boy! It's so hard to get Will to look at me for pictures these days--guess he's too busy. So, I either get his backside...





...or a close-up as he runs toward me!



In other news, today was the first day of my unpaid internship. Yes, you read right, unpaid internship. Well, it turns out that to get into the nonprofit world, they want someone with nonprofit experience (3 years of law school and 2 years of law practice doesn't cut it in this job market), including the use of certain software programs primarily used by nonprofits. In order to get this experience and make myself more marketable, I am interning 1 1/2 days a week at the World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth.

The Council is a nonprofit, nonpartisan group dedicated to promoting international awareness in the North Texas region. Here's their website in case you're interested in learning more: http://www.dfwworld.org/.

I am completing my half day while Will is at his Mother's Day Out program, and during the full day Will is going to attend a daycare downtown which has a deal set up with Billy's law firm to provide back-up daycare when the primary caretaker of the employee's children is unavailable--we'll see how that goes tomorrow. They want to put him in the toddler room since he's eating table food and walking, but that means eating lunch at a little table with chairs, only one nap a day, and taking that one nap on a cot...I'm dubious that he should be expected to do any of these things at his age, so we'll see what they say in the morning when I ask for him to play with the toddlers (so he doesn't get bored) and do everything else with the babies. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Jenna!!! I bet Will does wonderful. When parents aren't there you would be surprised what kids will do b/c the other kids are doing it! He will learn so much from the toddlers :) Miss you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete