Monday, September 12, 2011

Playdate for Cate

On Friday Traci and Miss Vivianne were passing through our neck of the woods on their way to the airport, so they swung in for a little playdate. At this age it was more of a mommy playdate!



In other news, Cate rolled over twice in a row today from front to back. Today was the first day you could really see her trying to lead with her head to initiate the roll. It's only a matter of time now before she'll be doing it consistently. This means no more leaving her unattended anywhere other than the floor. I learned my lesson on that with Will...thankfully the carpet cushioned his fall...didn't seem to do any long-term damage. ;-)

Cate has now been sleeping in her room for a little over a week now. The transition didn't go well, but I don't think it actually had anything to do with where she was sleeping but more with the fact that she started having nursing issues at the same time and was spending her nights trying to catch up on calories. We seem to have somewhat ironed out those issues and things are going better now. With Cate's move upstairs came a move for us as well--up to the guest bedroom. Since our room is across the house and down the stairs from the nursery, we moved into the guest bedroom so that I can more easily feed Cate during our 3 or 4 a.m. date every night. More updates to come when Cate turns 4 months old in less than a week!

1 comment:

  1. YAY sweet Cate!! We had a wonderful time visiting thanks for letting us stop in for a while! I love mommy playdates, I know soon enough it will be all kid playdates and we won't be able to sit and chat :) -TRaci

    ReplyDelete