As you may recall, Will went through an adjustment phase at around Cate's one month birthday. His "adjustment" was mostly separation anxiety which manifested itself most during naptime and bedtime. While we are very thankful he has never shown one bit of anger or hostility toward Cate, boy are sleep troubles troublesome. I am happy to report that we seem to be past the worst of it and generally there is a 10-30 second cry when we walk out of the room and then golden silence. He has even slept past 6 a.m. the last few days...hopefully that means bye-bye to the 5 a.m. wakeups. I'm still working on getting him back to napping more than 40-45 minutes, but hey, I'll take what I can get!
As far as Cate goes, most nights she is still going one 4 to 4 1/2 hour stretch and then a 3 to 3 1/2 hour stretch. A couple nights she has made a 5 or 5 1/2 hour stretch, but she doesn't seem quite ready to make that a regular thing. Will was sleeping longer increments at night by this age, but he was also already getting supplemental formula since I had supply issues, so that is likely why. Cate is still exclusively breastfed and loves to eat--guess that means no rest for the weary nursing momma! Other than waking to eat she is a good little sleeper, so no complaints on my part.
From the looks of these images, our little girl doesn't seem to need any help getting comfy!

No comments:
Post a Comment