On Friday night we enjoyed a meatless meal at church and then did Stations of the Cross--apparently church is really taxing on this little guy! ;-) Thanks Great Gramma for the cute (and warm) outfit!
RiCe CeReAl!!!
On Saturday morning Will had his first taste of solids--rice cereal! Most of what I shoveled in got pushed right back out with his tongue, but I think a little bit made it down. He seemed to understand though and would open his mouth pretty wide when the spoon got close. He was definitely more interested in the dish I was holding and the spoon though. He even grabbed it at one point and found that it can double as a teether for those gums. He's also so used to the constant stream of formula coming out of his bottle that he fussed a little if I didn't keep it coming. It was quite the messy adventure--I think he's starting to get the hang of it though. A lot more seemed to stay in during the feeding this morning.
PlAyGrOuNd FuN
Next we took Will and Laney to the school playground a few blocks from our house and they had loads of fun. Laney got to run and fetch her tennis ball and Will went down a slide for the first time. Not sure what's with the peculiar look on his face...guess it's not too fun when Mom is holding onto you so you don't go too fast!
RoUnD 2
Aunt Sarah came to visit and had the honor of attempting Round 2 of rice cereal on Sunday morning...it went about the same. Thanks Aunt Sarah for the cereal, bottles, baths and loads of playtime!





OMG I love my little bug look at those eyes he is sooo beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY Will and rice cereal!! Have you gotten the book Super Baby Food? It's a great guide! He's too cute!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check that out--thanks! I'm planning on making Will's baby food, so we'll see how that goes...
ReplyDeleteThat's what the entire book is about! It's fabulous! I made all of Jackson's food--I think he had maybe one jar of baby food in his entire life! Good luck! Also, check out One Step Ahead for the freezing containers--they are awesome.
ReplyDeleteWow! I can't believe how big he is getting!
ReplyDeleteThat is one fine lookin HOME box on the floor...
ReplyDelete