Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Carrots, yuck...on second thought...

Will started veggies on Saturday. Up to this point, all he has had is rice cereal. On the first bite he didn't make the face I expected him to (as you can see in the progression of pictures below)...that face came a couple bites later when he finally realized that this was something different--this was pureed carrots! The first day or so of carrots more food came out than stayed in, but by the end of day 2, he was eating them just like he does his rice cereal--take a bite, swallow, open mouth wide for the next bite!

As of now, I am planning on making Will's baby food most of the time and already have frozen cubes of pureed carrots, sweet potatoes and green peas in the freezer--makes me feel domestic. (haha) I've heard mixed reviews on freezing fruit purees, so we will see how that goes.

The flip side of all of this is orange-tinted spit up! If you have been around my child at all, you will know that he spits up all day every day. We thought it was bad before but now it's the same stinky spit up with an orange hue to it...perfect for staining his clothes, your clothes, the carpet, etc. Let me know if you have ideas/tips on making baby food and/or getting out stains!











3 comments:

  1. You go girl!! I am proud of you for making your own baby food. I don't think I will be doing that, I will settle for convience from buying it at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just so stinkin cute! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on making the baby food! You CAN freeze some fruits--Jackson's fav was Mangos and they are easy to freeze (and they are FULL of vitamins! so grab some when you can!) But we just mash up a banana in the food processor--that's a GREAT first fruit! Everson LOVES his 'nanas! But he's not a fan yet of sweet potatoes or peas...we'll get there! :)

    For the stains, Jackson was a HORRIBLE spitter. And stained ALL of his clothes, making it hard for me to give them to Ev. BUT, I found that spraying them with the Dreft spray, and then soaking them in a bucket of warm water with Baby OxyClean OVERNIGHT, gets them out. Anything. Even poop stains! Then I just wash them like normal in Dreft, dry, and VOILA! Good as new!

    Hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete