Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Disney - Day 3

I'm back. Let's do Day 3 at Disney World. This was our dedicated, exclusive Magic Kingdom day. Although we had spent some time there the previous two nights, this was our day to rip off a big portion of the park. We started the day with me grabbing some tonga toast at the Polynesian (our hotel). Tonga toast is three inch thick sourdough bread, stuffed with banana, and turned into french toast. From there, it is covered in cinnamon and sugar. Yes, it tastes as good as it sounds. We rode the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. We got there before it opened, which allowed us to catch the (very cool) opening show, but we had some time to kill.


Once we got in the park, we headed straight for Jenna's white whale. That's right, we went straight for the family shots in front of the castle. Of course, we were wearing matching shirts to get the perfect shot. You be the judge of how that went.


From there, we were all over the place. We started with the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, then moved to the Tomorrowland Speedway (yes, the kids drove!), Buzz Lightyear and on. [Editor's Note: Tomorrowland Speedway was my LEAST favorite ride in all of Disney World--between the fumes and trying to help Cate steer while pushing the gas and getting thrown around I was more than happy when that one was done.] When we left Buzz for the first time, we got a really pleasant surprise--Buzz himself! After that, we moved to Dumbo (again) and we met Daisy Duck (for the first time) and Minnie Mouse (again).














After that, I had worked the FastPass+ and paper FastPass system to get several princess meet and greets back to back. We went from Rapunzel to Snow White to Cinderella to Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) in a row. Our total wait time was about five minutes. Cate dug it big time. Will was too cool. Keep this in mind for the Day 4 post. Anyway, here is Cate getting her princess on.

Cate telling Rapunzel that she's three years old...


Cate had the longest conversation with Cinderella, most of which I don't think Cinderella understood. With more than one princess Cate brought up pets--think Disney's advertising for the new princess pets is working?


We then hit up the carousel and Mickey's Philharmagic (a really fun show) while we waited for our lunch reservations at Be Our Guest. This is the restaurant inside of the new Beast's castle. It's like stepping into the movie. It is really crazy. [Editor's Note: Even though we had reservations there was quite a wait and after my one-on-one battle with Cate during an epic meltdown I'm not sure it was worth it…]


After lunch, Jenna took the kids back for naps. Sarah and I managed to ride some adult rides and catch the parade as well as a show in front of the castle. After nap time, we all hooked up in time for dinner at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends (those friends being Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore). Before dinner, Jenna got some good shots of Will in front of the castle. Oh, and Will totally won a jump off with Tigger, even if it wasn't captured in pictures. [Editor's Note: Cate is missing from the pictures with Eeyore because she and I were again having some "quality time"--no meltdown just not wanting to sit still.]


We spent the evening doing various fun stuff before finishing up (again) with the carousel.


Sarah took the kids back for bed time after this. Jenna and I stayed behind. In the couple of hours we had, we were able to rip off Thunder Mountain (three or four times--I think this was Jenna's favorite roller coaster), Splash Mountain (my favorite in all of Disney World), Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain. On Space Mountain, the ride is single file (if you can visualize that). So Jenna was sitting directly in front of me. The first part of the ride was a slow uphill climb as is typical on roller coasters. As we were doing the climb, part of the ride went flying past full of people screaming. Jenna immediately turned and asked (sorta under duress) if that was the ride. I answered in the affirmative and she said, "Oh God." The ride started and it was dead silence to me. I thought that perhaps the design of the ride prevented me from hearing Jenna's typical swearing/screaming. In the middle, we slowed for another uphill climb and I asked if she was ok. She responded (very meekly and with a shaky voice), "I can't make sound…" They take a picture of you on the ride. Jenna wouldn't let me purchase it or take a picture on my phone of it, but trust me, her face was priceless. Space Mountain managed to scare the sound out of her. [Editor's Note: This wimp has jumped out of a plane before so take that!]

After we were finished, Jenna and I headed back to the Polynesian and crashed with Sarah and the kids. We still had two more days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment