Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Updates All Around

I feel like we've had a lot of changes going on around here, so I thought I would give updates all around.

BILLY

Many people have asked lately about how Billy's healing from the Bells Palsy is coming along. Well, it has been a longer road than we thought it would be, but 5 months later and Billy is finally able to wear his contacts again. He's about to start trying to not wear an eye patch while he sleeps, so we'll see how that goes. For the most part he is "healed", but there's definitely a little more healing that will hopefully occur (Ed. Note-I'm about 95% right now). Oddest thing--Billy's eye tears up every time he eats. We're thinking the nerve is a little confused, which happens a lot when people recover from Bells Palsy. Slightly comical, but would be a little strange during a business lunch...

In work news, Billy got promoted to Senior Manager, so we're very proud of him and how well he's done since he started his new job nine months ago. More importantly, it has been a positive move for him and our family. He's been traveling a bit here and there lately, so we're adjusting our schedules accordingly and hoping that part slows down a bit.

WILL

Recently Will traded in his toddler bed for a big bed. Here he is waiting for his bed to come out of the delivery truck...



Excited for the new bed!



Overall the adjustment was a breeze, aside from a new found love for playing with the window blinds which we had to squash pretty quickly. In other news, Will has started soccer and swim lessons this fall. So far he's only had two soccer practices and two swim lessons, so we'll see how it all goes. His first soccer game is this Saturday--I am prepared for hysterical chaos. Let's just say there's not a lot of organized soccer going on at this age...

CATE

Yesterday was Cate's first day of pre-preschool (essentially a Parent's Day Out program so I can go to work). She was a little quieter than usual once we arrived, but when I picked her up she was all smiles. This is the same place she went one day a week in the spring so the main adjustment is just having a new teacher and not going to the same school as Will (she's not too happy about that!).


Cate is such the social butterfly, especially with slightly older girls. She is constantly approaching girls, and saying "Hello, I Cate". Then she proceeds to play with them like she's known them for years. At Monster Yogurt the other day she befriended "Ally" (many years older than Cate) and would come out of the playplace and call for Ally when she went to eat her frozen yogurt. Recently at the KC pool she found some older girls and laid her beach towel out right next to theirs and joined the fun--she truly knows no stranger when it comes to other kids.

She also started swim lessons last week, and you wouldn't have recognized Cate--she was timid! She participated 100% and didn't cry, but she refused to make eye contact with her teacher. It was like if she didn't acknowledge his presence, he wasn't there. Today's lesson started that way, but about halfway through she started to crack and by the end she was smiling, giving high 5's and telling Mr. Armando good-bye at the end. No potty training news--Cate isn't really interested yet although she is starting to want her diaper changed more often than not right after she becomes wet or dirty. Definitely not going there though until after we return from our family trip in early November...

On Labor Day we said good-bye to the KayCee Pool for the summer. We spent a good amount of time out there this summer. The kids especially enjoyed the slide (Will even did the red slide a few times by himself).



ME

Well, I'm into my fourth month of work, and all is going well. I really like my job which makes all of the extra planning and juggling of childcare worth it. I have a semi-consistent schedule, which is good because I have flexibility, but crazy because each week seems like it ends up being a little (and sometimes a lot) different from the week before. Now that Cate started school this week and our sitter, Ms. Peggy, starts coming on Fridays, I'm hoping my work schedule falls into place a little bit. Billy's traveling, sickness, school schedules, etc. throw a lot of wrenches in our weeks, but that's just part of it. Working full-time would definitely make childcare easier, but I truly cherish my Mondays and Wednesdays at home with the kids, so we'll deal.

Soccer pics, swim lesson pics, and more coming soon...

1 comment:

  1. Glad Billy is doing better! Sounds like the kids and you are doing great as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete