Thursday, September 26, 2013

This and That

The weekend before last our cousins came to visit. Will and Cate absolutely ADORE their cousins. Cate pretty much idolizes Kinsley (her "Klinsley") and Kasey. Will thought Kolin sleeping in his trundle bed in his room was just about the coolest thing ever! It was a great, relaxing weekend we hope to do again soon.



A few nights ago, kinda at the last minute, we converted Cate's crib into a toddler bed. We didn't really prepare her for it. While Billy was bathing the kids I decided to rip the band-aid off and converted it. She was unsure at first, but within minutes she was cool with it--look at those cheesy grins! I worried she would be the child that was constantly getting out of her bed, but so far so good.




Love this next pic! I know one day I will look back on it and the sleepless nights, potty training, and tantrums will seem to have not been too bad. For now I'm in the trenches--seriously y'all, what kid throws a 15 minute tantrum (I'm talking screaming, kicking legs, etc.) because she wants her wet, soggy diaper back on instead of a new, dry one. Oh, that would be my kid. [To be fair, the length of and subject matter causing this particular tantrum are both out of the ordinary.] When you're reading this one day Cate, know that I love and cherish every bit of the daily roller coaster ride you take us on, even when I'm counting to 10 and gritting my teeth! The fact that you're constantly talking about calming down and taking deep breaths (and telling others to do so) means something we're saying has to be sinking in, right?!?

1 comment:

  1. Girl I'm so with you on the potty training. This morning Charlie said "I wear diapers, panties are yucky." And I thought we were making progres....

    ReplyDelete