Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Was it mostly just MY crutch?!?

So, about a week and a half ago we started weaning Cate off her paci a bit. Her "addiction" had gotten pretty bad but with the remodel, move, me going back to work part-time, etc., I was just letting her have it whenever and wherever. A few days later we made a new rule in our house: Pacis stay in Cate's bed. Y'all, she went right along. Now she occasionally asks and we just redirect her attention and that's it. Why didn't we do this long ago? Anywho, tomorrow will be the next test--our first long drive in the car since the new rule. The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to believe that maybe, just maybe, there's validity to it being more of my crutch than hers...

On the potty front, Cate shows no real interest. Yes she likes to read books about the potty and yes she will sit on it before bath time each night, and yes she likes to keep Will and me company if we're using the potty, but that's about it. Honestly, I am in no rush. Knowing Cate's personality, I'm pretty sure it's going to happen on her timeframe, so for now I'm going to sit back and try to figure out a way for her to think it's her decision. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment