Monday, July 8, 2013

Post-Remodel Pictures (1 of 3)

I am FINALLY getting around to posting some post-remodel pictures. Apologies for the pictures--I only have an old point and shoot, so I can't capture as much of each room in each picture like the before pictures which were professional pictures taken for the purpose of selling the house.

The three bedrooms upstairs (excluding the master) got few updates. The ceilings were already retextured and the walls were painted a neutral color, so they got new ceiling fans, carpet, and window blinds.

The upstairs guest room (eventually Cate's room)



Will's room




Cate's room




The landing area at the top of the stairs




The master bed and bath underwent quite a few more changes. The kitchenette in the master was torn out and shelves were put in for additional storage. The built-in desk was pulled out and a wall went in its place. The ceiling was retextured, can lights and a fan were added, and the trim and crown moulding were replaced. Window blinds were added and carpet was replaced.





The most work upstairs happened in the bathrooms. The kids' bath was gutted except for the cabinets while the master bath was completely gutted. I had a vision of sorts for the kids' bath, and it turned out exactly how I wanted it (although the gray walls have a blue tint that I was hoping to avoid). For our bathroom I didn't have much of a plan. I basically picked out one thing at a time starting with the clawfoot tub and it came together better than I had hoped. It might just be my favorite room in the house now...










2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! I love all the bathroom remodeling....very very nice!

    ReplyDelete