Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Busy Week Filled With Lots Of Fun

Last week I loaded the kids up, and we made our first solo trip down to El Campo since Cate has been born. I can't believe it took me almost a year to do this, but I just wasn't brave enough until now. Overall, the drive down and back went pretty good considering it's a 4+ hour drive excluding any stops (it definitely could have been better, but it sure as heck could have been a lot worse!)

Tuesday evening we headed to East Bernard to have dinner with my brother and his family. I pulled out my camera, but the battery was dead. :-( The next morning we went to visit Great Grandpa. The kids enjoyed visiting with Great Grandpa and meeting Sister Sarah.



After naps the kids enjoyed a little "dirt time"



That night we headed out to the Wharton County Youth Fair to watch Kolin participate in Mutton Bustin' (i.e., holding on to the back of a big ol' sheep as long as possible before falling off).

Lined up and ready to go!



Cate enjoyed watching all of the action and had a good time clapping her hands when the rest of the audience applauded.



During Mutton Bustin', Will leaned over and said, "I want to ride a sheep. When it my turn Mommy?" I explained to him that he wasn't old enough yet, but let's be honest, there was no way that kid would have gotten on that sheep when push came to shove! ;-)

While they set up for bullriding, Granny, Kasey, Will and I checked out the petting zoo.





Will particularly liked the donkey (so long as it didn't get too close)




Next up was a couple rounds of bullriding. Between the bulls and the rodeo clowns, the kids had plenty to keep their attention.



The next morning we headed to Prasek's to have breakfast with Jenna, Mallory, Cassie, and Easton. My best attempt at pictures...



Later that day we headed back to the Fair to watch Kolin show his calf, Buck. Entertaining the kids before Kolin's group was quite the adventure. Will wanted to pet everything that moved and touch everything that didn't.



Cate didn't stay happy in the stroller for long, and then she was off!



Cate found lots of obstacles to navigate





After what seemed like a really long time of keeping my kids out of rabbit poop (not sure why they were so obsessed with picking up rabbit poo), we got to watch Kolin do a great job showing his calf.



We had such a great trip. It was nice to not be as rushed as we usually are when we visit our families. Now that I have one trip under my belt, I'm hoping to do it again sometime when my mom isn't so busy with classes and finals, and we will definitely be taking a similar trip to Oklahoma soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment