This was the first year that we had a child old enough to really understand the concept of Santa, and boy was it awesome--enjoy the video below!
Looks like Santa and his reindeer were here!
This year Cate is celebrating her first Christmas! Santa brought her a new "big girl" carseat (I know, I know, but she needed one and she generally likes playing with Will and Laney's toys anyways) and My Pal Violet. Will picked out a plush Minnie Mouse for Cate, and she received a small jewelry box from mom and dad (inside was my gold cross baby necklace that I received when I was just a baby). Cate, as predicted, mostly played with Will's puzzle pieces all day.
Bed head, anyone?
Santa brought Will a train table with a train set and a set of puzzles. Cate got him the new Winnie The Pooh movie, and mom and dad bought him a musical instrument set. He spent the day playing with his trains and puzzles, and he went up to bed tonight crying, "Puzzles, Puzzles" over and over (this came after crying for his trains).
Laney was a very good dog this year. She received a Sealy Posturpedic Memory Foam Bed (yes, she probably now has the nicest bed in our house), a new pink argyle collar, a bag of treats and a new nylabone chew toy.
Do you think Laney enjoyed her gifts?
Around the time Cate started crawling, she also started pushing up on her hands and toes with her butt in the air. I call it her Down-ward Facing Dog (that's a yoga pose for those of you who, like me, don't know much about yoga).
At other times it is more of a front plank.
Our day spent together as a family of four couldn't have been better--I feel infinitely blessed to have Billy and the kids in my life. We look forward to celebrating more with family and friends this upcoming weekend and continuing to help Will understand the reason for the season--the birth of Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas!





Looks like both kids were on the good list. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete