Billy and I have officially applied to run the ING New York City Marathon 2011. The marathon does not take place until November, but the lottery to determine who gets to run takes place in mid-April, so please keep your fingers crossed that we both get picked. I applied once before and did not get selected, so there's a definite possibility that one or both of us won't get to run. If only one of us gets selected, we likely won't do it.
Why are we doing this you might ask...well, we're not getting any younger and the more children I have the less time I will have to train and the harder it will be on my body. Plus, it would be a cool way to visit the city where we spent our first four months as a married couple. After running the Austin marathon in law school, I said I would likely only run another if it was NYC, so now I'm eating my words. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Wow!!! You guys are awesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed (and say a prayer or two).
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!!!! That'd be awesome if you both got selected!
ReplyDelete