We started off Saturday with an early Father's Day present from Will. He slept until 8:30 instead of getting up at his usual 6:45 to 7! Needless to say, Jenna and I didn't rouse until our "alarm" went off. It was great to sleep past 8, so thanks for that Will! Of course, he was very happy with himself when he woke up.
We quickly moved to the park at the school in our neighborhood to get Laney and me a bit of a workout. It was really pathetic how we couldn't handle the heat very well. This homeboy has a few lbs. to lose. And Laney, well she could lose a few of those as well. Plus she is a pansy in the heat. So, as a treat, we ran the sprinklers when we got home and let her go to town. She loved it!
After taking an easy afternoon to avoid the heat, Jenna, Will, and I loaded up and went to visit our friends, Brandon and Aimee. Will was really excited to play with his buddy, Griffin. We had some excellent burgers, corn, and zucchini courtesy of Brandon and some even better conversation. Griffin taught Will the ropes and he even picked up some new tricks--like pulling up on the TV stand to get a really close look. Thanks again guys for having us over!
On Father's Day, we had an exciting start at White Rock Lake. Jenna thought it was a good day to try Laney at the dog park for the first time. Now, we have often talked about how much fun Laney would have in the lake, but we have been really afraid to let her do it. See, we weren't really sure if she would swim back to us. Jenna was really afraid that at a minimum Laney would swim to a different shore. But I think deep down she was really afraid that Laney would swim out to the middle of the lake and get tired. I don't know why Jenna was worried about that. One, it's not like Laney is lazy or anything. And two, let's be honest, I would be the one swimming to the middle of the lake to rescue our dog. Anyway, Laney was a super star at the dog park. She stuck with us and didn't harass any other dogs or people. She did so well, that I talked Jenna into letting Laney in the water. So, we walked over to the water and threw in a tennis ball we found on the way. Laney plowed into the water like she had been swimming her entire life. At first, she started to sink, but then she figured out to kick her legs and she was off after that. But that wasn't enough activity for her (not really, I think at that point she was ready to sleep for 24 hours). We had planned to go on a jog around the lake after the dog park, so we did it anyway. I think Laney was able to make it only because she was all wet, but she did make it. After all of the fun, Laney needed a bath when we got home. So by 10 in the morning, we had done the dog park, taken a swim in the lake, gone on a jog, and had a bath. See why I said she might have had the most fun this weekend? Then again, we all got a hoot out of watching her go, especially Will. He never ceases to be entertained by his puppy.
After a nap at the house, we then went to Northpark Mall to go on a stroll in the AC. We also had to stop and watch the ducks and turtles--one of Will's absolute favorite activities. He had his snack at the duck and turtle area. And of course, we got to do another one of Will's favorite activities...people watch! Will never gets enough of watching the freaks and geeks at the mall. It is clear to me that he is closely studying society and developing a set of opinions about people. And his father is not trying to influence those opinions at all. I would never do that. I won't try to interject myself into his thinking. In an unrelated story, OU is the greatest, America is the baddest country on the planet, Justin Timberlake is awesome and I don't care who reads that, Republicans are smart and sexy, Disney cartoons are better than Looney Tunes, and Texas is superior to California. Just sayin. Anyway, the best part about Father's Day was getting to spend it with my favorite peeps.
Anyway, Will has started clapping his hands when he gets excited or thinks something is funny. He does this a lot after squeezing my big honking nose. I think I would find that funny if I were him too. Finally, we soon hope to have some photos of our newly remodeled bathroom. Until then, keep it real. You know Will is going to.





Good Blogging Billy and Happy Father's Day!!! Love it, sounds like you guys had a fun BUSY weekend. Miss White Rock Lake so fun. Can't wait to move up there closer so we can come visit you guys over the weekends :)
ReplyDelete