Saturday, December 12, 2015

Napa Valley 2015

A few weeks, Billy and I were fortunate enough to have the grandparents tag team our kiddos while we got away for a long weekend. Destination: San Francisco and Napa Valley!

First stop, Golden Gate Bridge



Next up, Muir Woods and the amazing redwood trees. I can only imagine what the really big redwoods up in the National Park look like... We took an amazing 2-mile trek that ended up being one of our favorites activities of the weekend.




After that we headed out to wine country! For our first day of vineyard tours and tastings, Billy had requested we try a bike tour. I was quite dubious at first, but really, really enjoyed it! It was an awesome way to really take in the views and enjoy that California weather. I will say though the bike rides between the three vineyards were a little more taxing than I thought they would be, but I would definitely do it again.





The next day we set out on our own and checked out three different wineries that had been recommended to us. Elkhorn Peak was one of our favorites! There we actually met with the farmer himself and he took us into the vines and taught us all about the agricultural side of growing grapes. Next was Fontanella which was also up there on our list. There we got to see the wine-making side of things and do a couple barrel tastings. Our last stop was Robert Sinskey which was a relaxing and perfect end to the day in their gorgeous tasting room.




On our last day we did one champagne tasting before heading back to San Fran to check out Fisherman's Wharf.




No comments:

Post a Comment