Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Will's First Day of PreK 4

Today was Will's first day of PreK 4, and boy was he one excited little guy this morning. He is enrolled in the 5-day program, but I'll be keeping him home with Cate and I on Mondays (gotta love not being in "real school" yet). I'm sure after the baby is born I will want to send him all five days and he will want to go to school rather than sit at home with us. Okay, let's be honest. He'd be perfectly fine going 5 days a week now, but I'm hanging on a little longer to being able to grab the kids and head to the Perot museum or the zoo or wherever on a weekday. I figure he'll be in school 5 days a week for the rest of his life and since my work schedule allows it, why not?

After getting Will dropped off, it occurred to me that it is a rare occasion that Cate and I are together alone, without Will, and man did she miss him. She repeatedly told me throughout the morning that she missed her brother, she needed her brother, etc. It was oh so sad, but oh so cute! They really do have a bond unlike one I think they'll have with their other sibling(s).

Will told us he had a great first day. The only real detail we got was something about a monkey (not a real one) being silly and giving everyone in the class kisses. I'm assuming the teacher had a stuffed or puppet monkey or something along those lines. I opened his backpack, and the first thing I found was a big rock. Okay, it's more like a piece of concrete with lots of tiny rocks in it. Apparently he found it on the playground and told his teacher's aide that it was a turtle fossil, and she let him take it home.


Lately the kids have been requesting "silly pictures"




And now for Will's annual interview...

1. How old are you? 4

2. What are your favorite foods? Spaghetti & Meatballs

3. What is your favorite TV show? Daniel Tiger (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood)

4. What do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor

5. Who is your best friend? Asher

6. What is your favorite movie? Peter Pan

7. What is your favorite color? Red

8. What is your favorite toy? Alligator (Wooden alligator that you pull along the ground by a string)

9. What is your favorite song? "The ice song at the beginning of Frozen"

10. What is your favorite animal? Alligator

11. What is your favorite cereal? Honey Nut Cheerios

12. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Jump

13. What is your favorite place to go? Zoo

14. What is your favorite thing about school? Recess

15. What is your favorite donut? Plain glazed (this answer came after he debated plain glazed vs. twist)

16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Strawberry

17. If you could go one place, where would that be? Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment