Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June Happenings

A few weeks ago, Billy and I had quite the 5-day stretch. It started with a once-in-a-lifetime concert--the one and only George Strait in his last stop on his last concert tour ever! We only scored these amazing tickets (at face value!) because of an ex-colleague of Billy's who is a Cowboys season ticket holder. By the time the concert arrived, I don't even want to say what we could have sold our tixs for (let's just say Billy didn't find out until the day before the show) (Ed. note: it was the day of the show and I wanted to sell). It was worth every penny. He played for over 3 hours straight and sounded just as amazing on the last song as on the first one. Not to mention we got to hang out with great friends as well!





After 3 1/2 hours of sleep, we woke to board a plane to Orlando. Billy had a tax conference for his job at one of the Disney resorts, so I tagged along for a little adult getaway. By 10 pm (after a day in the Magic Kingdom), I was beat and headed back to the room. Billy took full advantage of the extra magic hours until 2 am and deliriously rode all of the bigger rides over and over and over. We spent one other evening and part of our last day touring Epcot sans children which was nice and super relaxing. It did rain at least part of the day every day while we were there, but overall a very nice getaway.

Here's one of Billy's delirious 2 am selfies!


The day we left, Cate went #2 in the potty for my mom. She did it again for Billy's parents and hasn't had an accident of any sort since we left--hooray! Either the grandparents are "potty whisperers" or she just needed us to get off her back and leave her alone! Either way I'm so relieved to have that behind us for the start of PK3 in August (and no swim diapers this summer is nothing to sneeze at either).

Right after we returned from Orlando, I headed back to work and our new sitter started. The first couple days were a little rough as the kids adjusted to their grandparents leaving, us returning, and their new sitter starting. The next week I got to participate in Vacation Bible School with the kids and work in the afternoons. The kids had a ton of fun, and I just love listening to them sing along to their new VBS CD. Not sure I will ever be either of their crew leaders again though...so much more whiney with me than they would have been with another leader.


Shortly after Cate finished potty training, I showed her the bedding for her new big girl room. Next thing you know Will is emptying her dresser drawers and they are helping me move Cate's room. Here's the semi-finished product. I figured initially Cate would want to sleep in the toddler bed until she got used to her new room, but once she saw the big bed that was it.




And finally here's a little random summer fun






No comments:

Post a Comment