Unfortunately, I do not have any new pictures of the kids or the house. I know, most of you will stop here, but for anyone who cares to keep reading, I'll give you a few updates.
First, the house. Barring anything crazy happening, the house (inside) should be finished by the end of the day on Monday. We will have cleaners come in first thing Tuesday morning while the movers are loading up furniture at the other house. Furniture will be delivered later that day and we will spend our first night at the new house on Tuesday night. That will give us one more day to get everything else out of the old house and get it cleaned up and ready to hand over possession on Thursday. We are cutting it close and will probably have a few items left to do after our walk through (plus the backyard won't be done), but we will be okay to move in and thankfully won't be staying in a hotel for a few nights.
Next, Billy's Bell's Palsy. It has been almost 5 weeks, and he is starting to have the slightest twitches on the affected side of his face. Please continue your prayers for healing!
Lastly, the kids. We've never moved with kids, so we'll have to see how this goes. We're hoping for a smooth transition and no regression, particularly in the areas of potty training and sleep! Will seems to get it. He has asked me over the last few weeks whether certain things are going to go with us to the new house such as his bed and our dog, Laney. He also understands that someone else is going to live in our house after we move. Oh, and if he can't find a toy he says, "It must be at the new house." (even though most of the time I can pull it right out of his toybox). I'm not sure how much Cate gets it, but the good thing is that we are at the "new house" almost daily. They know where their new rooms and bathroom are, they've seen lots of their toys in the garage, and they've played a little basketball in the driveway. Mr. Bobby (our contractor) and Mr. Rick (his helper) have become part of the kids' world. So much so that they've started pretending to build/paint/fix houses, and Will is always Mr. Rick and Cate is always Mr. Bobby. If I'm on the phone they will come up and say, "Are you talking to Mr. Bobby?" Think that's been happening a ton lately?!? I'm pretty sure the kids and I are going to experience withdrawal from our new buddies.
Okay, enough stalling. I better keep packing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Keep going..:)
ReplyDeleteiPad developer wanted
Keep it up..!
ReplyDeletechristians
Glad to hear it is moving along. Can't wait to see pictures and hear how the kids adjust! Sounds like they are enjoying the process so far! :-)
ReplyDelete