Friday, March 15, 2013

Special Visitors

A couple weeks ago Aunt Sarah paid us a little visit. She was gracious enough to escort Will to the symphony (percussion section week). As you can imagine, he loved all of the beats.







Aunt Sarah also brought some Easter craft supplies Gramma had picked out for the kids.





The finished products





Life at the Lepak house has been complete and utter chaos! We closed on the new house last Thursday. Demo started Monday, and it is already starting to take shape. With that has begun daily trips over to the house to meet with our contractor and answer questions/look at various things. Not to mention how many things we need to pick out (all the while attempting to stay on budget--honestly, that's the hardest part because I generally know what I like and don't like). I'll try to post some pictures soon. Demo should be mostly complete this week and hardwood floors will go in next week (they'll be stained and finished last) while the paint crew takes down wallpaper, scrapes popcorn ceilings, and paints the outside of the house.

Back home we are packing, cleaning, de-cluttering and everything else necessary to put the house on the market. Luckily we have been able to take trip after trip over to the new house with all of our stuff and store it in the garage. With two small kids, we have a lot of kid stuff and making the house look like two kid-size tornadoes don't live here has been tough (poor things--their bigger toys have been disappearing left and right). This should at least make our eventual move easier though. Lining up people to touch up paint, lay sod, etc. has thankfully been on Billy's plate. My mom surprised us with a 2-night trip this week and she was a God-send! Between using their truck to transport bigger stuff over to the new house and her watching the kids while I ran from store to store trying to pick things out, honestly I don't know what we would have done. Still not entirely sure how we're going to manage for the next couple weeks, but we'll make it happen one way or another. I see more late night trips to Home Depot, Lowes, etc. in my future. ;-)

In non-house news, Deacon Charles, a friend of ours who is in seminary, will be ordained June 1st and has asked us to plan his ordination reception. Such an honor, but Lord knows I don't know where to begin and not sure how we're going to squeeze it in. Okay, I'm exhausted just writing about all this, so I better get back to packing. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures of the house, and sounds like u are one busy mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy busy....looking forward to pics!

    ReplyDelete