As I wrote this title, it occurred to me that I have not ever dispelled the notion that my children are named after the royal couple. Short answer--they're not. Since we did not find out the sex of either of our children until they were born, both names were picked out sometime before Will was born. It just so happened that in the meantime Prince William got engaged to Kate Middleton and happened to marry her somewhere around our Cate's birth. No worries--our next child won't be named Harry (even though I think Billy kinda likes that name). On to the real reason for my post...
Will turned 2 3/4 today. Though not really a celebratory milestone, I thought it was a good time to write a little about our big boy. (Plus there were certain things I wanted to document so that I could look back one day and remember the little things.) Will is growing by leaps and bounds and amazes us daily with the things that come out of his mouth. No toddlerisms remain. He is our sweet, sensitive, energetic, methodical (i.e., slightly OCD like his mom), talkative little boy.
Will loves to sing. His favorites lately are Barbara Ann (Beach Boys), various VBS songs, and Christmas from the Michael Buble Christmas soundtrack. He still sleeps with Piston the panda, Bear, and Blankie. His blanket is worn very thin where he likes to slip his finger through the tag. Many nights we find him with Piston positioned just right in the nook of his neck (he's covered in case there should be a vampire invasion of any sort).
Speaking of vampires, over the last few months Will has become somewhat sensitive to light. He prefers the lights off when lying down to get his diaper changed, especially first thing in the morning, and generally when he gets in the jogging stroller he reaches up, grabs his canopy and go into his dark lair (i.e., pulls it all the way down until he's pretty much completely covered).
A couple pictures of Will eating one of his new favorite foods--corn on the cob.
On to our baby girl... Cate is now about 13 1/2 months old. This little girl "talks" all the time. She certainly has a lot to say and will say it to just about anyone. She recently found her nostrils and yes, her finger has found a new home. I'm hoping the "coolness" of this newfound orfice will wear off soon. Last night Billy moved her finger and told her "no, no" and I wish I would have had a camera to record the look on her face. Her lips turned down and she got the saddest face I think I've ever seen. At that moment Billy told me I'd have to be the disciplinarian because she was breaking her daddy's heart. A similar thing happened to me the day before. Cate bit me (she does this when she's teething really bad and right now she's cutting her eye teeth--she now has four on top and four on bottom), and I told her "no bite." She knew she had done something wrong (this is not like when I tell her "no, no" and she keeps doing whatever it is and looks over her shoulder at me and gives me a mischievous smile). Boy was she sad that I reprimanded her. Broke. My. Heart.
Cate's newest word is "Uh-oh," and she points, grunts, and answers questions by nodding or shaking her head to get her needs met. When Cate has her paci in her mouth and she wants to eat or drink something she just spits it out and lets it fall wherever it may--cracks me up every time. Cate is starting to do more coloring with crayons than eating of them and imitates EVERYTHING. Example: she'll watch me help Will do a forward roll and next thing you know she is trying to do it, although she ends up going off to one side and rolling over sideways.
Cate has added so much to our family. She has a strong spirit and a sweet heart. She adores her brother and generally wants to be doing whatever he is doing. Cate has tons of energy and is constantly on the move. She is pretty much running these days and likes to climb if given the opportunity. She loves to roughhouse with Will, especially once he pulls the cushions off the couches and onto the floor. Although I have turned into a referee as of late, I have a feeling that in the future these two are going to argue in a way that only siblings who have a very close relationship do (Uncle Bobby and Uncle Brian are coming to mind right now).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Charlie does the same thing with her paci! It's so funny!
ReplyDelete