Tuesday, June 26, 2012

VBS 2012

Last week, Sky Vacation Bible School took over Saint Patrick School! As director of VBS this year, I was in charge of 88 adult and teen volunteers who worked together to bring God's word to the children of our parish. With over 200 children in attendance, I was one busy person! Attendees learned to TRUST GOD as they sang, danced, listened to bible stories, created crafts, entered the world of Chadder the Chipmunk, played games, and enjoyed snacks. Our VBS week closed with a special mass where we shared our Sky songs and spirit with the parish community (unfortunately I had to miss this due to wedding travels--more on that from Billy to come). Although this job turned out to be A LOT of work (and my children probably felt slightly neglected at times), it was an extremely rewarding ministry to be a part of, and I hope to stay involved (albeit in a less-demanding position) for years to come. The best part of it all might be overhearing Will singing VBS songs about trusting God--I'll take that over Hakuna Matata any day!

A couple pictures from our finale on Friday






No comments:

Post a Comment