Saturday, August 18, 2018

May Melting Into Summer

As usual, May was quite busy!

This year for Mother's Day, my one request was to spend one-on-one time with each of my kiddos, something I rarely get to do these days. Emma and I enjoyed an ice cream date, Cate and I went to the ballet (Peter Pan), Will and I hiked the San Gabriel riverbed, and Lucy and I visited a local park and fed the ducks. It truly was such a treat to give each of them my undivided attention and really get to soak up each child's unique self.





May 18th was not only Cate's birthday, it happened to be Field Day as well.





The following weekend Cate had three friends (and their families) join her for a pool party!





Will becomes a Bear!


May brought the start of Will's swim team season with the Brushy Creek Marlins. He had a great season, grew as a swimmer, and improved his time on all four strokes, even butterfly (his least favorite). He has always been strong at freestyle, but this year he came out pretty strong in backstroke at the beginning of the season. He really hit his stride on breaststroke at the very end of the season, missing the invitational time by .07 seconds.




A little lesson in earning what you eat on the farm...




Vocabulary Parade and last day of school


No comments:

Post a Comment