Sunday, November 20, 2016

It's Been Awhile...

So, Emma is already 3 months old and I have failed to blog since sometime shortly after her birth. Life with four is sure busy!! In an attempt to catch up and hopefully document some of her infant hood, I'll hit the highlights of our family these days...

Will has been really enjoying 1st grade so far, and his reading has really just taken off. He's into chapter books now, especially The Magic Tree House series. Awhile back at school they had Fairy Tale day--he chose to be the smart pig from The Three Little Pigs and thought his costume up on his own. One weekend he and Billy took a fun little guys trip up to Indiana to watch an IU game and meet his newest cousin, Thomas. Will turned 7 in late September and on the same day lost his first tooth! For Will's birthday, Billy took he and five buddies to Legoland--I have to admit I am glad I was not in that car! He is swimming with the Arctic Sharks this fall and is about to start up with his basketball season with his dad as the assistant coach. Art class to come in the spring. While the bickering has really ramped up between he and Cate, he is just the sweetest big brother with Emma and Lucy!








Cate has transitioned into kindergarten and seems to be doing well. She's very social we're told! ;-) She is starting to read, and it's so awesome to watch that happen (although I'll be the first to admit that sometimes practicing at night right before bed makes me crazy as she sounds out Every. Single. Word. Patience is a virtue, I know.) Cate is really enjoying her weekly gymnastics class and finished up a great soccer season with her team, the Honey Badgers. They ended up bringing home 2nd place in their league and snagged a trophy. No participation trophies in U7 thank goodness--gotta learn winning and losing at some point. Basketball will start for her soon as well with her dad as her head coach. Cate also lost her first tooth--one day before Will did. We saw this coming and thankfully Will seemed fine with it. (I think he might have secretly hoped it would happen--not sure if he was worried about this whole business of loosing teeth and whether or not it would hurt).










Lucy is almost 2 years old now and boy is her vocabulary large these days. She's even starting to string together short sentences, and not just repeating phrases she hears. I truly have a love/hate relationship with this age. She can be the absolute cutest being EVER when she says stuff like "I hold you" when she wants to be picked up and just simply watching her discover the world and find such joy in simple things like blowing bubbles. And then there are the toddler tantrums that appear out of nowhere and seem to be about nothing. ;-) Lucy started going to "school" one day each week and she seems to enjoy it. She walks right in like a champ, and she smiles and says "Lucy school" every time we drive by so she must find it to be okay. Or she just likes using a backpack and lunchbox like the bigs do. Speaking of big kids, she thinks she is one of them and tries her hardest to keep up.








Emmy Lou has reached the three month mark and with it has come a lot more smiling and even the slightest bit of laughing, more like little chuckles. While by no means a difficult baby, she has probably been our hardest up to this point. She likes to snack during the day and really eat at night which is starting to grind on me a bit, but I can't really blame her with all of the noise and chaos that is usually surrounding her during the day. (And when I'm not half-asleep, I do enjoy our nighttime nursing sessions while the rest of the house is dark and quiet). She has been getting a few ounces of formula each night before bed, in an attempt to get her to make a little longer stretch, but that hasn't really panned out. This kid loves her fingers, but will take a paci. I find the easiest way to put her to sleep is to lay her on the bed and snuggle up next to her. She likes to burrow her head into me but seems to be more comfortable that way versus me holding her (starting bad habits I know). She is batting at hanging toys and starting to reach for toys when she is propped up during tummy time. Overall she has just been a joy and the perfect little addition to our family!























Cate has become quite the little helper when it comes to Emma. Will on the other hand tends to gravitate to helping Lucy. Not sure why, but they certainly are part of the team making this household operate!


Grandparents' Day with Granny and Grampa


Halloween was so much fun this year but a lot of work getting four little people into their costumes and attempting a picture! This year we had a Boba Fett, Belle, Anna, and a pink flamingo. Will loved going door-to-door with his buddies while Cate preferred to hand out candy after she had a sufficient amount of goodies in her bucket. We are still enjoying the Trick or Treat loot over here, especially Lucy who has quite the sweet tooth...





No comments:

Post a Comment