Monday, September 5, 2016

It's a Girl!!

On Friday, August 5th, we welcomed Miss Emma Louise into the world! And at the same time we added another crazy birth story to our family history, this time with 15 minutes to spare instead of 5 like with Lucy. First, let me say that I was DETERMINED that this type of fast, non-medicated birth would not happen again.

I woke up at about 3:30 in the morning in a good amount of pain but this was not unusual for me over the last month or so of my pregnancy. It took me about an hour to decide to call my doctor, wake up Billy, and call in reinforcements in the way of my good friend, Rochelle, to come over and stay with the kids. When we left for the hospital I was pretty positive I was in labor but figured I'd get there and still have a way to go and would have plenty of time for an epidural. As we got closer things definitely changed but I still didn't think things were going quite as fast as they did. We arrived and it was go time. Emma was born at 5:56 a.m., minutes before my doctor made it to the hospital, weighing 8 pounds 9 ounces (our biggest baby by 4 ounces) and measuring 20 1/2 inches long. She has a little bit of light brown hair, blue gray eyes, and two adorable dimples.








Gramma and Grampa brought the kids to visit each day we were there. As you can see, they are in love with their baby sister! [Side note: Will was initially disappointed because he REALLY wanted a brother, but he rallied pretty quick when Billy told him that the two of them would get to do lots of "guy stuff" just the two of them.]










My doctor said I could go home on Saturday, but I said no thank you, I'll stay as long as insurance will cover! ;-) I knew once we got home I would have four little people who needed my time and attention, so I chose to let the older three have some extra special time with Gramma and Grampa and for us to have some undivided time with Emma.

Last of the peaceful hospital stay...









No comments:

Post a Comment