Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wrapping Up

The last few weeks have been full of things wrapping up. I suppose it's just that time of year...PK4 for Cate and Kinder for Will, ballet and soccer for Cate, and Creative Arts for Will. Two more games and Will is done with tee ball. We've also started a few new journeys as well. Will in Scouts and on the KC Sharks Swim Team, Cate starting gymnastics and her fifth year of life after tons of celebrating.

Cate had a great first time experience with soccer and made huge strides. Her coach was great too which was probably part of the reason she loved it. Best of all, she got to play with one of her best buddies from school which always made practice and games extra fun. She definitely hit her stride better when she had a little space to work with, but she surprised me a bit and would get into the fray more often than not to try and get the ball.




This year was Will's first year to participate in Field Day at school. I found myself on the planning committee and when I signed up for it the year prior, I was not pregnant and hadn't really planned on it, so to say I was EXHAUSTED by the end of that day is an understatement. ;-) The event itself turned out great--we played off the Olympic theme with the summer games being in Rio this year and the weather cooperated which made for a fun day.




Will at his Tiger Scout initiation ceremony--he's really jazzed about Scouts (though I'm not really sure he knows what it is other than that camping is involved and lots of his friends are doing it)



This year Will took a Creative Arts class that included piano, art, and conversational French. He seemed to enjoy the art component the most but certainly didn't seem to mind his daily piano practice. Here are a few pictures and videos from his piano recital.







On the subject of recitals, Cate completed her second year of ballet and topped it off with an adorable performance in her ballet recital. We had a soccer game, tee ball game, and recital all in one morning so needless to say I forgot something. This non-dance mom forgot makeup to keep Cate was washing out under the stage lights. Luckily there was no shortage of makeup backstage. ;-) After our full morning, Cate was not feeling picture taking afterward but I managed to get a couple quick shots...





Some other random fun sprinkled in there...

Field Trip to Dallas Children's Theatre to see Hansel and Gretel


Random picture with Grampa


Big Friendly Giant at the Dallas Children's Theatre



Fun with Cousin Livie




Playin' with earthworms--never would have thought they'd have so much fun doing this...


Part of Cate's Mother's Day Program at school (Ave Maria)



Cate's 5th Birthday Party pics along with Kinder Graduation pics to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment