Friday, January 23, 2015
One month
At times it's hard to believe that one month has already come and gone. Life has definitely changed a lot around here since our new addition arrived, but we couldn't be happier (and neither Will nor Cate has asked if we can return her so I consider that a success). Cate has entered a phase of "I just want mommy all the time" (likely the result of Lucy's arrival) but as with all things, this too shall pass.
Here's a little about Lucy at one month:
- Sleeps on her side a lot without the help of a sleep positioner like I used with Will and Cate (she rolled to her side to sleep from the very beginning)
- Champion nurser; overall she is pretty scheduled (did it herself) and usually goes right back to sleep after her nighttime feedings - with that has also come man burps and lots of spit up
- Just finished her last pack of newborn diapers and is starting to grow out of some of her newborn clothes
- Weighs 9 pounds 14 ounces (74th percentile) and is 22 1/4 inches long (91st percentile); head circumference is 15 inches (90th percentile)
- Has already acquired a couple nicknames: Lucy Lou and Lucy Goosey
- Seems to be our sleepiest baby, especially in the beginning, but it could just be that I can't remember 3 1/2 years back very well...
- Holds her head pretty steady when held upright
- Has taken a liking to the pacifier
- Poor thing has a little dermatitis on her face and scalp which doesn't seem to bother her but sure seems like it should/would
And a few more pictures from the last week or so...
Will's first opportunity to "babysit" Lucy while I got Cate dressed for her swim lesson resulted in (in Will's words): "I decorated Lucy to look like a clown to make Cate laugh."
Will is in there somewhere--he figured out if he just sat down and held a feed bucket the animals would come to him
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment