We've had quite a lot going on over the last month which is probably why I have failed to blog. So, in my attempt to catch up, here is November in a nutshell...
Billy was on team again for ACTS, so while he was on retreat the kids and I packed up and headed to El Campo for our last trip down before the baby is born. The kids had lots of quality time with their Granny and Paw Paw and their cousins and I even got away for one night with girlfriends. A day of browsing the shops in Gruene, a pedicure, and lots of eating was just what Andrea, Nikki, and I needed!
Outside of our little place on Canyon Lake--this first picture reminds me of a look I'd get from our dog, Laney.
Next up was a quick day trip to Norman to celebrate cousin Livie's baptism--and an added bonus of our first snow for the winter.
Y'all, this girl hates to wear pants. They are usually off within a few minutes of being home (with the shoes having already come off in the car). Half the time she sports undies and a tutu. Sleep, always a nightgown or pj shirt only. Cute now but sure hope this changes over the years...
Movie selfie before watching Big Hero 6
Love the extreme reaction Will is having to this animal in class (he's the one at the top in the orange shirt).
Stuffing church bulletins with Caitlin...
Last week I was in charge of Kids in the Kitchen, so I got to cook with Will and a few classmates. Overall it was great--took a heck of a lot longer to finish than I thought it would. I invited Father Charles to join me--he got quite the kick out of these four.
Last weekend I helped put on our annual Advent Program (didn't manage any pics of my kiddos since it was slightly chaotic with 70+ children, but they had a great time and are ready to use the Advent wreaths they made). And finally Thanksgiving Feasts this week at school...
I can't tell if I'm in nesting mode or slight freak out mode with the baby's arrival only a few weeks away. Since my blog posts will largely switch to "baby stuff" soon, figured I'd give a few updates on the kiddos of stuff that I want to be able to remember in the future...
Will is VERY excited about the baby's arrival (much more so than Cate it seems). He has two classmates who just got baby sisters so that probably has a little to do with it. While he is mostly his usual sweet self, he has definitely been testing limits lately, picking on his sister, and having trouble with first-time listening. He has become the harder of the two as of late. He has started saying "Well, actually", "Actually mom", etc. a ton over the last couple weeks which cracks me up. He loves school and has decided to start writing his first and last name on his worksheets. Usually this results in WILLLE PAK because he just runs it all together and continues on the next line where he left off.
Cate has turned a corner and has become quite the little helper lately. Gone are the temper tantrums (at least most of the time) and in their place lots of crossed arms, stomping of a foot, and expressions of "I'm angry" or "I'm frustrated". It is rather cute. This kid could live off of yogurt, granola, and applesauce. She likes lots of other things but these items complement almost every single meal she has. Billy recently experimented with pulling the pull-ups during nap and nighttime. I was a little dubious and frankly didn't want to deal with the cleanup, but I was wrong. She is now pull-up free during sleep (we do take her to the potty before we go to bed each night--not sure she'd make it through the night otherwise).
Overall I am feeling pretty good; however, nights are getting a little rough. Guess it's God's way of preparing me for the sleepless nights with a newborn. This has been by far my most physically difficult pregnancy. Not sure if that's due to it being number 3, that I'm a little older, that between work and two busy kiddos I rarely sit down, or what. Whatever the reason, our little boy or girl will be worth it. I hadn't thought about it a ton but I'm starting to get anxious to find out what gender will be joining our family. I think boy but then again I have thought that all three times and clearly was only right half the time. And now to prep for a day of eating way too much turkey and pies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment