Monday, February 10, 2014

Snow Days!

Last Thursday morning snow started coming down. By noon, a few inches had accumulated and early dismissals were starting. The snow was nice and powdery (no ice) but it wasn't very wet so our attempt at a snowman didn't come out so well. The kids stayed out for quite sometime and they were pretty soaked by the time it was all over (we definitely don't have proper snow gear). A warm bath was all they needed.

Couple snow pics below but first a random shot of Gramma and the kids from Christmas--saw it posted on FB and wanted to share since it's such a good one.


Cate kept telling me she was making a snowman and not a snow angel. I've learned a lot of things are not worth arguing with her over...




Most schools were closed on Friday, but I was able to make it into work. I went in a little later than normal so the road conditions could improve a bit, so while I was getting dressed Will and Cate were watching cartoons in our bed. I walked out of the bathroom to find this. They stayed this way for the entire episode. I'll be sure to whip this out whenever they're teenagers and telling me how much they dislike the other.



Between a bout of croup for Cate and a visit from the paci fairy, it was a pretty rough weekend for her (and me). Talk about poor timing on my part... Here's to a better week and no more icy conditions during the next 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment