Monday, October 21, 2013

The Countdown Has Begun

Fourteen days from now we will be boarding a plane to Orlando, Florida! Yep--the countdown has begun. (Well, for me and Billy anyway since the kids do not know we're going yet.)

At the end of last week Billy and I headed up to our old stomping grounds--NYC. He had a tax conference so I tagged along. The timing wasn't great since we're leaving in a couple weeks again, but who can pass up a mostly paid for vacation. During the days I kept myself busy in the city, enjoying some alone time. I read an entire book without feeling guilty, ate lunch alone and in peace, and wandered around the city trying to learn how to use our new camera (can't upload pics until we replace our computer since it is on it's last leg and doesn't even have room for the software). The kids had a blast with Gramma and Grampa who were even brave enough to take them to the State Fair where Will was apparently very concerned that someone was going to put mustard on his corny dog. All in all I think fun was had by all. Now back to routine for a couple weeks before we throw another wrench in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment