After the reception we drove down to El Campo to spend the evening with my parents before heading to my nephew's baptism the next morning. Lane has grown so much since we last saw him!

After lunch we headed back to Dallas, but unfortunately caught a stomach bug somewhere along the way. Billy and I were sick all night and even Laney vomited (not sure if dogs can get sick from humans or not, but it was a little comical). Luckily Billy's firm has back-up day care available for such times, so Will had to spend yesterday in day care while Billy and I recovered since we don't have immediate family in the area. It seems to only have been a 24 hour bug, so we are fully operational today.
In other news, we had our furnace inspected yesterday, and the inspection revealed the beginnings of a crack which could have led to an outpouring of carbon monoxide! One new furnace (and about $2,500) later and we are good to go. We are counting our blessings that we had the heater inspected (and as a result replaced) before something really bad could have happened, especially since the furnace is located right off of Will's room. Winter safety tip of the day--have your heaters inspected each winter, especially if you have an older furnace, and be sure to have carbon monoxide detectors in your home. We have one downstairs, but I'm sure it wouldn't have taken much of that stuff to do serious harm to someone as young as Will. Have a great rest of the week!





Wow! What a whirlwind of a weekend and great pictures! I am glad to hear that y'all caught the furnace in time! My goodness!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. I am so glad that you are feeling better, and I am going to go about taking a look at our furnace too. It is a God thing that y'all caught it before anything bad happened.
ReplyDeleteAbby