Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Appointment with Dr. Gunby

Today we had another appointment with our doctor. The baby's heartbeat is at 144, my weight is still on track, and I received my RhoGAM shot (since I'm Rh-negative). We also had a quick sonogram (unfortunately no still shots to share) where we were able to see the umbilical cord and the baby's heart pumping, arms and legs wriggling around, and the back of the baby's head. Someone was being camera shy so we didn't get a look at the baby's face. I now start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks...the countdown is on 'til the day we get to find out if Baby Lepak is a he or a she!

8 comments:

  1. That is so awesome to hear! I can't wait to meet him or her!

    We are volunteering to be your #1 baby sitter (in Dallas of course)!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting - glad everything is going well! It will be here before you know - when the two week appts start, it goes by so fast - yeah! -JZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to find out and meet him or her. So excited it is going to be here soooo soon. -traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of shot?!?!? Time is going to start flying.....Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jenna you are going to have so much fun...kids are a true blessing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cass, at the very beginning of your pregnancy they check your blood. I'm Rh-negative so if the baby has a certain blood type my body might form antibodies against the baby...don't know the technical details, but they give you a shot at around 28-29 weeks and then after the baby is born, I'll get another one if the baby has a certain blood type...I'm sure nurse Traci has a more precise answer! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great explanation Jen!!! Cass you know when you hear people say their blood type they say A+ (positive) A- (negative) etc. So Jenna is negative either B-, A-, or AB- and so if Billy is a + (positive) then the baby has a pretty good chance to be positive too and then when the baby is born and Jenna and his/her blood mix Jenna's body would make antibodies against the positive baby's blood. This would NOT affect this pregnancy or baby but when Jen has another baby it could affect that baby because she has antibodies already against the positive antibody BUT with ROGHAM this prevents Jens body from making the antibodies and everything is all good. So two little shots fix a big problem!!!!! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all! Many more questions to come...I'm sure. :-)
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete