Well, another month has flown by. The busier we are the quicker time seems to slip away. Amidst the craziness of two in preschool and an infant, we are trying to take time here and there to just soak it all in. Will and Cate are only 5 and 3, and I already feel like I can't recall the moments with them as babies that are so amazing now with Lucy--nursing a baby in the middle of the night while the rest of the house sleeps, getting her to crack that huge smile, hearing that big sigh as she settles in to sleep in your arms. I know these memories too will become less vivid over time as our brains are filled with new ones, but I will continue to try and freeze time, even if just for a moment, and just take it in.
While at Will's music class I needed a place to set Lucy for just a minute. The diaper bag became that place, and she managed to doze off while waiting for me. Poor third child...
Quick shot after our first night with Billy out of town for work. We survived, and Lucy only looks slightly traumatized. ;-)
Typical shot of our living room at around 9:30 each night before Lucy gets her night cap.
Will intently watching Star Wars Episode I. He and Billy are watching them all in preparation for the newest movie coming out later this year.
Long awaited visit from Great Grandmom
Trip to the Perot Museum with our beloved Ms. Peggy--we are so blessed to have someone so capable and loving to watch our kiddos
Sleeping in my office again--this is the one area where I am struggling. I am so thankful to have a flexible part-time job that I can bring Lucy to, but getting us there, working while many times holding/nursing a baby has been tougher than I thought it would be. We'll get there...
And finally, some real winter weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













Lucy is so precious. I feel you on trying to freeze the moments. They slip by so quickly. You are a supermom! :)
ReplyDelete